Service Category

Give Food

Food Help

Emergency Food Help

As the primary mission of Feed My People, anyone in need of emergency food can get either MO USDA commodities, FMP food, or both.

Long-Term Food Help

Long-term food help is available to those in the service area. Guidelines have been set for both MO USDA commodities and FMP food accordingly.  Qualifying clients receive nutritionally-balanced food twice a month.

If we can conquer space, we can conquer childhood hunger.
– Buzz Aldrin

Organize a Food Drive

Organize a food drive at your church, office, or school.  We provide collection barrels, Half Sheet Food Drive Handouts and Food Drive Barrel Sign.  You provide the space & support!

Give a Meal-A-Month

Pick up a yellow bag at Feed My People or at your church, fill it up next time you are at the grocery store and return it to us.  Each bag has a Meal A Month at a Glance for 1-3 people.

Where Does the Food Come From?

Aside from the food we collect from individuals like you, and from food drives, we have partnered with the St. Louis Area Food Bank and Operation Food Search to fill in the rest.  The St. Louis Area Food Bank and Operation Food Search solicit businesses to donate food to food pantries as well as donations from food manufactures and growers across the country.
We also rely heavily on the “Give a Meal a Month” program, sponsored by the Interfaith Partnership. Over 125 churches in the Partnership sponsor food drives to benefit the food pantries throughout the area. This has helped us keep canned goods on hand through the long dry spell of summer. We also try to provide personal care supplies. Toilet paper, soap, hygiene products, etc. cannot be purchased with Food Stamps.

Feed My People also provides T.E.F.A.P – The Emergency Food Assistance Program provided by the State of Missouri and monitored by Family Support Division Food Distribution and the St. Louis Area Foodbank.

 “In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This Institution is an equal opportunity provider”

(Combined Federal Campaign) CFC# is 82112

Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Events Calendar